Friday, August 31, 2012

The Story Behind the Story

I am a storyteller...well, I hope to be one.  I like to write stories. I can't say I prescribe to any particular genre.  I just write what comes to me. Recently, I self-published a novella, and when I was getting ready to do this I was told I should have a blog. On my profile page on Smashwords there is a place for a blog link. Okay. I'm thinking what do I blog about?  I don't want it to be a journal of sorts. I wanted this to be relevant.

I was talking to my sister the other day. She started a blog for her photography. I asked her what I should blog about. She said, "What about your writing process?" I almost laughed at that. Because I write by the seat of my pants, so to speak. My author friends do outlines and create worlds and with my novella, I just sat down and wrote. So tonight I was attempting to sleep, when the thought comes into my head, "What about the story behind the story." For me, usually, there is a story behind the story. And that's what I have decided to blog about - The story behind the story. I will post the story behind the novella soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment