Monday, March 3, 2014

The Story of Simon

I found my story of Simon the Cat. I wrote it 20 years ago for my sister, who was having her first child. I put all of our pets that we have had over the years as characters in the story.


When I started telling people about this story, they were appalled. In the story, the baby gets sick, and the animals find a cure. Well, people were just giving me grief about the whole thing! "What if the baby get sick, etc." I almost stopped writing it, but I persevered and wrote the thing. I think my sister liked it. I think she was a little taken aback with the whole sick baby thing. I'm not sure. I don't even think I asked her. I did put together a book of poems and stories I had written for him, so I think I made up for that.


Working on the Pete and Virgil story started me thinking about this one since it was supposed to be a sequel. I actually found on an external drive where I started Simon as a sequel. But things change, people change and so on. I'm writing Pete and Virgil, but at the same time I am rewriting Simon and the Sweet Pea Root. I may give it a different title. One never knows.


And my sister's child? Well he has grown to be a renaissance man. He is about to graduate with a Masters from Georgia Tech, he's a talented photographer and musician, and likes to race cars. He has a very nice girlfriend who has a bunny named Dude. I may have to put Dude in the story. His name is just too cool.


That's all for now. I'll keep you updated. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment